We’re looking for a Splunk Engineer with proficiencies in Splunk dashboard development and in Splunk administration, for projects delivered remotely or at our customers’ sites (depending on customer’s policy), located mainly in the province of Quebec, Canada. This is a permanent position for which you will act as an expert consultant for these customers.
Insitu is a team of professionals who prefer to work on cutting-edge projects, with integration challenges and interesting problems to solve, which is why our customers are often large and very large companies, with flexible schedules and telecommuting (flexible according to the customer).
Most of our current clients are located North America, with some in Europe and Asian Pacific. At Insitu, team spirit, professional challenges and respect for our values are at the heart of our daily work. Our consultants benefit from the stability of salaried employment and the diversity of consulting tasks and mandates. To be part of Insitu is to be part of a team focused on the success of projects, while understanding that we work to live, rather than live to work. Our resources are at the heart of our priorities, and they make all the difference for our customers.
- Help deploy and manage customers’ Splunk solution;
- Understanding the client’s requirements to develop proposals and suggest solutions to help them meet their business objectives;
- Determining project requirements and goals, defining the scope of the engagement and planning timelines;
- Working closely with technical teams to ensure the smooth delivery of solutions;
- Working in a team of consultants and on various consulting engagements;
- Create customized reports according to customer requirements;
- Actively participate in the development and design of Splunk infrastructure for various applications with customer stakeholders;
- Meet regularly with project managers, senior developers, product managers, and many others to discuss progress, obstacles and solutions along the way.
- Advance the technology vision across teams and collaborate with them to achieve it.
- Help unify and simplify the overall architecture with other departments and architects.
- Participate and develop solutions with current and future partners.
- You have 2+ Years of solid hands-on experience working in Splunk development and administration;
- You have experience in writing complex SPL queries for dashboard development;
- You have proficiency in performing research and analysis within the timeline and delivering the tasks;
- Alert creation experience;
- Massive data extraction;
- Experience with SIEM environments;
- Experience with enterprise infrastructure such as:
- Software architecture & infra;
- Telecoms (routers, switches, load balancers);
- Security (certificates, firewall, proxy);
- Virtualization (hypervisors/containerization);
- Comfortable with corporate security concepts;
- Proficiency in Windows and/or Linux environments;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be fluent in French
- Must be functional in English